Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Death & Taxes

Three things (in addition to Political news) that I neurotically look for are the OC Restaurant Closures, the Newport Beach Police Blotter feature of the OC Register and the DUI reports in the Daily Pilot. Sometimes I see names and restaurants I recognize, mostly I don't. But I always check.

Well, in the OC Register (taken from an AP report) was this little article about the California Franchise Tax Board and their publishing a web site listing people and companies who owe the State more than $200k. If they pay, their name comes off the list.

I did recognize a relatively known Criminal Attorney based in Irvine (he represented the guy who was convicted of killing Mickey Thompson)

Newport Beach has three names on the list.

Knowing how the Franchise Tax Board operates, I'm not surprised that they resorted to Public Humiliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment