Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'M Watching You!

I've been a bit hesitant to mention this before, but...

If you are familiar with websites, you know that most websites have an IP tracker associated with their websites for a variety of reasons.

I have one because I'm obsessive compulsive about know where my web traffic comes from.

If you have a dynamic IP address (most residents have one) I just see your web provider (AOL, Time Warner/Road Runner, Cox).

But if you have a static IP address, I get to see the organization that owns the IP Address (and have been pleasantly surprised to see who checks out my site on a regular basis.)

From there, I can see how someone got to my website.

For instance, I called Dolores Otting one time to tell her that the California State Department of Health got to my website by searching her name in Google.

I once called a friend to tell him that the FPPC got to my website through Google using "Steve Rosansky" as the search term.

Another time, I tracked an IP Address from the California State Senate (it had to have come from a State Legislator because it's illegal for staffers to be "political" on State computers) leaving anonymous and somewhat derogatory (but funny) comments about California State Assemblyman Chuck DeVore. Fortunately for that Anonymous poster, I wasn't paying the $6.95 upgrade fee at the time of the post...

Anyway, I bring it up this time because our fair City of Newport Beach has found itself in a potential lawsuit by CRC Health Group - owners of Sober Living by the Sea, who have already laid the groundwork by saying that the proposed Rehab home ordinance is "Discriminatory."

Well, guess who's visited my website a couple of times during the past few days?

Yup, hello to you CRC Healthcare. I hope you are enjoying my blog.


The first time they visited, they checked out:

http://newportbeachvoices.blogspot.com/2007/12/scott-baugh-advisor-for-sober-living-by.html

then

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/local/article_1937098.php

then looked up former Mayor Steve Rosansky

http://www.smartvoter.org/2004/11/02/ca/or/vote/rosansky_s/

spending a total of less than 15 minutes.

Today (they are still logged on as I write this), they searched Yahoo :

sober living by the sea city of newport beach issues

And have been on:

http://newportbeachvoices.blogspot.com/2007/12/scott-baugh-advisor-for-sober-living-by.html (again)

and

http://newportbeachvoices.blogspot.com/2007/12/whos-pessimist.html

It's called Opposition Research.

Good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment