Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Contributing to the Demise of Newport Beach

I'm doing my part!

Last week, I was visiting a friend of mine (at his place of business) who lives in North/West Irvine, but who's mother has a house in Dover Shores (I think that's where it was).

Whenever we see each other, we always talk politics and since his place of business is in Newport Beach, we tend to talk about the going-ons in Newport Beach.

Up to now, it's always been primarily on the Park/City Hall/Library battle (vote is coming up soon...)

But this particular time, he was asking about the Rehab/Sober Living Homes situation, so I did my best to fill him in.

I told him about all the issues/players/accusations and he shook his head after each explanation.

Then I asked him why he was soo curious.

Well...turns out his son and him were discussing turning his mother's home into a group home (guided more towards the elderly) and he wanted to know how to do it.

But when I told him how much these Sober Living/Rehab homes were making per month, per bed, he kind of perked up.

He recognized the name of one of the Sober Living/Rehab homes operators, so he looked into his computer and it was a "Christmas Miracle," because they turned out to be a client...

I gave him a very disapproving look...then told him he couldn't do it...

...unless he gave me a piece of the action...

Hey, if you can't beat them...

No comments:

Post a Comment