Saturday, December 15, 2007

Happy Holidays?

Christmas isn't too far away, and the Christmas cards having been coming in.

Here's an interesting story from Long Beach New York.

Essentially the townsfolk planted a Christmas tree in front of City Hall, knowing that it would grow and grow.

This year though, they decided to put a 20 foot menorah next to the growing 7 foot tree.

Guess what's next?

Yup, the Christians complained about the "puny" 7 foot live Christmas tree was being dwarfed by the 20 foot Menorah, so they dug up the LIVE tree and placed a 20 foot tree in it's place.

The formerly LIVE tree was put in the local mall.

What a Christmas miracle...

Anyway, in my stack of Christmas cards came one from my favorite State Senator whipping boy Tom Harman and his lovely wife, Dianne.

I'm not just on his email newsletter list, but I guess that I'm also on his Holiday card list.

I suppose I should be nice to him for at least the rest of the year.

As the Harman's card says, "Happy Holidays!"

No comments:

Post a Comment