Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rehab Home Battle Brewing?

I know many people who have been fighting the proliferation of Rehab Homes into their streets for a few years now. But they have been largely spinning their wheels, for a variety of reasons.

I'm lucky. There are only four in my neighborhood, almost a mile away from my house. My friend has four on his street.

But there has been some serious rumbling going on with the Rehab Homes issue...I sat in a HOA Board Meeting last night where people (really RICH people) are willing to join the Balboa Peninsula folks and open up their checkbooks to keep the Rehab Homes from spreading.

With these folks wanting to get involved, this battle might just get interesting because of the wealth and the political influence of this growing group of angry residents.

Perhaps the City Council might actually have to listen. Even those with Conflicts of Interests.

Once the other parts of the City realize that this is a problem which could affect their neighborhoods soon, their voices might finally get some real teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment