Thursday, September 6, 2007

MOORLACH UPDATE - JWA - LATimes - Sept. 6, 2007

This came over the email from Supervisor John Moorlach's office. In his short term as County Supervisor, John has not been afraid to take a stand. By the looks of his quote below (which I've put in bold and italics) it appears as though Newport Beach has an ally in keeping John Wayne Airport from expanding:

The Southern California Regional Airport Authority (SCRAA) is one of my assignments. It is supposed to meet once a month in Los Angeles. I’ve only attended one meeting and I spoke from the podium and refused to be seated as a member until modifications were made to their organization documents. Little things, like defining “regionalization” and “dispersion,” and removing “eminent domain” from their charter.

We were promised significant concessions. Unfortunately, it appears that Mayor Villaraigosa’s office isn’t interested in relationships, so to speak, and is only interested in moving flights out of LAX.

I’m happy to assist in his efforts, as long as we’re shifting the flights to Palmdale and Ontario.

(I am also forwarding this to my JWA e-mail tree. Those on this tree receive inquiries and updates on the Board of Supervisor agendas when JWA is addressed. If you also wish to be on this specific topic e-mail tree, just let me know. In an electronic era, this is a fast and efficient way to receive your opinions when you believe that I should hear from you.)

LA Times - Regional Airport Board Stalled

No comments:

Post a Comment