Monday, October 13, 2008

Reckless Ignorant Charges!

Wow! Don't you love the Silly Season?

The Title of this Post was taken straight from Taxpayers for Safer Neighborhood's spokesman Matt Cunningham's mouth to describe Councilman Keith Curry's accusation in this Orange County Register article regarding the Independent Expenditure Committee financing of a Mail Piece in support of Curry's challenger Dolores Otting (sorry for the run-on sentence...).

If Matt's same sounds familiar, it's because he's the creator and editor Orange County's MOST influential political blog.

I also consider him a friend.

Anyway, he had this to say about Curry's comments about the IE Committee's mailer.

"It's sad to see Councilman Curry (use) baseless accusations for arguments on issues," Cunningham said by e-mail. "Taxpayers for Safer Neighborhoods is an independent expenditure committee that has every right to support or oppose candidates, and is not coordinating with Dolores Otting. Councilman Curry should refrain from such reckless, ignorant charges."

While I may have used the exact words that Matt did, I kinda agree with him.

Anyway, I asked my Ex In-Laws to keep their political mailers (since they are permanent Absentee Ballot voters), but I still missed this one, so (apparently) thanks to Councilman Keith Curry for providing one to Jeff Overley at the OC Register so I can repost them here.

I must admit...they are much more pleasing to the eye to look at then this one or this one...much more soothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment