Thursday, October 9, 2008

Newport Beach Councilman Keith "WWWWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Curry.

I consider myself friendly with Newport Beach City Councilmember Keith Curry.

He's a nice guy.

He's a smart guy.

He understands very well that POLITICS IS POLITICS.

He also understands how politics works and how Independent Expenditure Committees work.

Or at least he should.

So as I'm trying to unbury myself from the mountain of work I've made for myself, I saw this letter to the Daily Pilot editor written by Councilman Curry, and to be honest with you all, I found myself to be disappointed by it.

As I understand it, Taxpayers for Safer Neighborhoods, sent out an INDEPENDENT EXPENDITURE piece on Dolores Otting, funded primarily by Jack Croul (I'm trying to get a copy to post).

As an aside...that Daily Pilot article had a ridiculous title. Why should Dolores Otting even HAVE to defend herself from what others do on her behalf...mind boggling...

Ok...it also hit Councilman Curry a little bit too.

So what...I'm sure it's nothing like what Councilman Steve Rosansky got hit with last week.

Anyway, in Councilman Curry's letter to the Daily Pilot he wrote,

"The so-called candidate of “transparent government” has been funded by a secret big-money effort to take control."

"Otting is the candidate of hidden, smear-campaign artists, hiding behind of out-of-town secret committees."

"She is flauting our campaign contribution limitations in a desperate attempt to win office on her fourth try."

"Even those who may have respected Otting for her efforts to encourage open government must be severely disappointed by her embrace of these tactics and circumvention of our campaign laws."

Disappointed in Keith, I truly am...

Where do I start?

Since I know Keith reads this stupid little blog, let me ask him some questions:

1. Dolores still is the candidate of transparent government. How can an INDEPENDENT EXPENDITURE Committee mailer change that? By law she can not have had any knowledge of or have participated in it's actions! Keith! You know that!!!!!

2. How can she be flauting anything Keith? Again, it was an INDEPENDENT EXPENDITURE COMMITTEE!!!! By law she can not have had any knowledge of or have participated in it's actions! Keith! You know that!!!!!

3. How can she embrace anything Keith? If someone wanted to spend $25k on your behalf, to help your underfunded campaign against a well known Incumbent, you'd turn it down?

Keith, you know how politics work.

The fact that you are trying to pin this IE mailer on Dolores is absurd.

And the fact that you've decided to use the Daily Pilot to send out your own hit piece, by calling out "her lies", on Dolores is a bit hypocritical.

If you want to get upset at anyone? Get upset at Jack Croul, get upset at Matt Cunningham, get upset at Taxpayers for Safer Neighborhoods.

Getting upset at Dolores for this INDEPENDENT EXPENDITURE COMMITTEE mailer is petty and uncalled for.

Keith, you know better...

No comments:

Post a Comment