Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mark David Allen - Newport Beach's Most Famous "Resident?"

As I was going through the OC Register's Police Blotter for Newport Beach (yes I know, I need a better hobby) I noticed:

Oceanfront, 2300 block: arrest, May 6. Mark David Allen, 46, of Newport Beach, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while intoxicated.

and then

Seashore Drive, 4600 block: arrest, May 7. Mark David Allen, 46, transient, was arrested on suspicion of loitering on private property.

Mark was arrested twice in consecutive days.

The name looked familiar to me, so I did a Google search and it turns out that this guy is famous for being

Drunk in Public.

Since I now live on the Balboa Peninsula and walk my dog daily along the beach, in seeing his picture, I realize that I've seen him around plenty of times.

And he's always been very nice.

Little did I know that he's been arrested OVER 450 (plus 2 more) TIMES, primarily for being "Drunk in Public."

They've written books about him.

They've made a movie (which played at the Newport Beach Film Festival in 2006) about him.

And I just knew him as the guy who hangs out on the beach.

Obviously the Newport Beach Police Department knows this guy.

I wonder if arresting him is just a formality, because its obvious that he keeps getting released, and keeps getting arrested.

Here's a recent update of his daily "activities."

Now, many people have criticized me saying that I don't know bubkis about Newport Beach (after all, I was born years after Former Mayor Don Webb started working for the City. I know this because he told me this.).

Well, because I didn't know who this guy really was, I say to you,

You were all right.

I see this guy standing on the beach.

Looking in people's homes.

Riding his bike around.

And I didn't know that he's a celebrity.

Who's been arrested over 450 times.

Makes me wonder what other crimes one can commit to be arrested over 450 (including twice in two days) times and still be walking around...

or standing on the beach

or looking in people's homes,

or riding their bikes around.

Only in Newport Beach.

Only in America.

God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment