Wednesday, June 22, 2011

e.l.f Essentials Regular and Water Proof Mascara Duo Review

Makeup products cannot be judged by looking at their brands. At least, this is what I always believe in. So I got myself one of the e.l.f mascara tubes. For a moment, I thought I came across a good deal. Two mascaras in one tube? And that is also just for a $1? Nothing could be more exciting than that. Basically, its tube has two openings. While one carries the regular mascara, the other one has its water proof version. Thus, getting it made me feel as if I hit the bull's eye. But again, who needs regular mascara in place of the water proof one? Perhaps, e.l.f just wanted its customers to give options in one tube. But should you really try this product? Decide it after reading the review.

Benefits:
After buying a makeup product, I cannot wait a day to try it out. So once I brought the e.l.f Essential Regular and Water Proof Mascara Duo home, I hurried to test it. As soon as the applicator was taken out of the regular’s tube I noticed that the mascara looked quite sticky. 
Yet without letting any question bubble up in my head, I applied it to my eyelashes. A good look in the mirror revealed that they turned darker. Their length was also strongly visible. Next day, I tried out the water proof one. This was not that bad. It left my eyelashes slightly curled up and also darker.

Overall, e.l.f Essential Regular and Water Proof Mascara Duo seems to be just very ordinary. No real benefit can be expected from it. It is just like any other mascara product that was made in the 90s. This should imply to you that it is just going with the tradition. Good thing is that e.l.f is charging a fair price for it.

Problems:
I really do not know how I should start explaining the problems that e.l.f Essential Regular and Water Proof Mascara Duo gives. The overall quality of this product is way too average. First of all, it is not easy to understand whether full mascara liquid is really there in the tube. Actually, taking out the applicator from it made me feel that it was empty! The mascara just looked too dry inside. Consequently, the applicator seemed to have black solid particles. They even ended up sticking to my eyelashes. Worst that this were the applicators. They basically clumped up my lashes in a very bad way. But again, the statement on this will vary. Some people have thinner eyelashes which might not experience this problem. Mine are dense as mentioned in the previous mascara review. 

The funniest thing about e.l.f Essential Regular and Water Proof Mascara Duo is that it totally becomes dry after a month or two. At least this is what happened to mine. Now it is just unusable and thus, I will have to throw it in the trash can.

Verdict:
This is the mascara that we should buy in an emergency or when we don’t have much money left in the bank account. Do not expect it to do something wonderful to your eyelashes. It is just very ordinary in nature. In a way, it fulfills the requirement of having something called “mascara” in the makeup kit. For all this and more, it gets 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment