Sunday, August 26, 2007

We Are #17!

According to Blognetnews.com, this little blog about Newport Beach is the 17th most influential political blog in California, for the past week at least.

It kind of reminds me of David Letterman's We're #2! sign he had put up in NYC after Jay Leno beat him in the ratings.

A few thoughts here:

1. I think that Blognetnews.com just lost any credibility they had by calling this babble the 17th most influential political blog in California. I, myself, would have a hard time calling it the 17th most influential in Orange County. I'm not even the most influential in Newport Beach...

2. I had the most site visits recently when I went after State Senator Tom Harman for wanting to Nanny-fy the video game industry. Shoot, my little story even got picked up by Gamepolitics.com. That was neat. Maybe, by attacking more...I can move up in the rankings...

3. Another topic with lots of visits was this one, where I wrote Lube and Irvine Company in the same sentence. Maybe sexual innuendo does sell...especially when it's about the Irvine Company.

4. I expect to see this blog drop off the top 20 next week. Just a feeling...

5. I'm honored, if not just temporarily.

After six full months (I started this on March 1, but I didn't put in the counter until March 13), I've had over 7700 visitors. Not alot (let's see...averages 1283 a month, 320 a week, 46 a day...guess what I do for a living) but it's about 6000 more than I expected at this point. Plus, I have a friend who said that he clicked on the site 50 times in one evening to help drive up the counter...but that was back in March. God knows how many other are doing the same...

Thanks to Councilman Keith Curry for admitting that he reads this site regularly. Thanks to Dolores Otting for the great phone calls of encouragement. Thanks to the Winships for contributing. Thanks to FreeNewport.com for the criticism (ALL constructive, of course)

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment