Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sober Living Home - Here We Come!

I have two morbid curiosity websites that I go to on a regular basis. One tells me which restaurants had to be shut down by the Orange County Health Department (my previous mention of it here) during the past 60 days, and the other tells me who were arrested for "Suspicion of Driving Under the Influence of an Intoxicant." With both sites, I click on them, then hold my breath looking down the list to make sure I don't recognize names on either. Sometimes I do, but most times, fortunately, I don't.

In this week's DUI Arrests, however, I do. And they are both pretty "connected" in the Political world.

One name will be easily recognized by those on the current City Council (since that person and their family donates rather well to them). That person is also very involved in an increasingly influential Political Action Committee which, as described in their website, is "a network of young business and community leaders committed to making a difference by empowering individuals and causes to provide long-term solutions that will better our individual and collective futures. Our forward thinking and cutting edge approach, combined with our extensive resources, provide a platform for advocates who represent the center-right voice of the Next Generation of Americans."

The other name is one which only truly local political insiders might know, since that person's function is more of a technical campaigning tool. One which is extremely crucial in today's technological advanced world-wide arena.

As I've mentioned before about Due-Process and the Presumption of Innocence, and as the Daily Pilot says, they are considered innocent until proven guilty, which is why I've left both names out.

However...if they are found guilty of DUI, they are lucky they didn't kill someone while driving around intoxicated and I hope they suffer the consequences of their actions to the fullest extent of the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment