Sunday, September 26, 2010

Besan turns skin black?

Ok, so this might be a surprising news for you. But, the good news is that this is NOT TRUE. It is one of the long living myths which came into my notice yesterday. I had a talk about it with one of my friends and she told me that besan turns your skin dark even though it makes it glow. Kinda conflicting, right? I tried telling her that it is not possible but all my words were for deaf ears. Seeing her conviction in this myth, I decided to clear it on a mass basis and state the reason why the skin might turn dark after using the scrub. And, I know that this is not true because of my personal experiences and also because I have asked a lot of people about this.

Besan or 'Sunnipindi' or whatever scrub you may use like masoor dal (red lentils) or rice flour polish your skin by removing the dead skin. And, in this process, they reveal a new layer of skin. Thus, the result is a clean glowing skin. As a matter of fact, besan is extremely useful in getting rid of dark spots and other conditions of the skin and gives a flawless complexion. But, if you venture out in the sun unprotected by sunscreen, your newly revealed skin is going to be subjected to a lot of environmental factors like dust, pollution and sun. The result is dull and tired looking dark skin. Thus, the connection that besan turns skin black. So, always wear a sunscreen. And, clean your skin well after a session in the sun.
And, I would love to know of any such myths which might be existing and clear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment