Friday, August 15, 2008

It's Called Free Speech People

So I got a phone call this morning...

...from a very dear friend...

...which really agitated me...

...enough for me to really think about what I was going to write down...

...so as to not write something which I would regret later.

Let me start off with this:
  1. This is not a newspaper with an Editor.
  2. This is a Silly Little Blog
  3. The other contributors have independent thoughts and opinions and have been gracious enough to give this Silly Little Blog their time, thoughts and opinions.
  4. I do not control what the other contributors write, nor do I tell them what to write or opine about.
LET ME REPEAT THAT:

I do not control what the other contributors write, nor do I tell them what to write or opine about.


I WILL NOT CONTROL WHAT OTHER CONTRIBUTORS WRITE, NOR WILL I TELL THEM WHAT TO WRITE OR OPINE ABOUT.

Because of that:
  • I do not edit their posts (except for grammar/spelling).
  • I do not delete posts which I do not agree with.
  • I respect their thoughts (even if I do not agree with them, or in the Winship's case...understand them...)
A couple of contributors have sent me notes in the past asking me where I stand on an issue or if I would have an issue if they wrote about something else.

My response has always been, and will always be - Write whatever you want. I won't touch it.

So...I'm going to write this in bold and caps for those who have a hard time understanding this:

THE THOUGHTS OF THOSE OTHER WRITERS DO NOT NECESSARILY AGREE,OR DISAGREE WITH MY THOUGHTS.

THE STANDS PEOPLE TAKE OR OPINE ABOUT ON THIS BLOG DO NOT NECESSARILY AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH MY STANDS OR OPINIONS.

IT'S CALLED FREE SPEECH PEOPLE.


For those who enjoy sitting on the sidelines and throwing anonymous (though...who am I to talk using my pseudonym) darts, I invite you to join this blog as a contributor so that your side of the story/issue/candidate can be heard.

Please send me a note at newportbeachvoices@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment