Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another take on Dolores and the Email Gone Wrong

Since the blog already features two posts on the bizarre development in the last couple of days regarding the campaign of Dolores Otting and the false email she sent out, I will do my part to add to the congestion on the topic. The problem is, I don't really think it is funny. In this day and age, where most of our email boxes are flooded on a daily basis with emails that range from perposterous to hysterical, I am quite concerned by the wisdom and judgment of one who would blindly send an email out with absolutely no attempt to verify its accuracy. Not only was the email totally false, the idea that even if an arrest had taken place at a rehab home, it would be Keith Curry's fault, is so stupid, so irresponsible, and so immature, I am at a loss for words. Dolores sent the email with the addition, "Just D.O. it", adding her signature behind the perposterous article. I don't think the credibility of the group that sent the email to Dolores even warrants additional criticism - they have managed to shred that to pieces all on their own - but I would hope that our city council candidates who are asking for the voters' trust would do more to earn it.

This thing will blow over, but to those who read the blog, I hope this serves as an indication of what we are dealing with this November.

No comments:

Post a Comment