Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fixing the Damaged Earrings

In my business capstone class I used to be very nervous because my professor was strict. Meanwhile, since it was summer, I used to sweat in school like crazy. All this made me somewhat irresponsible about my belongings. So one day, since the sweat was making me itchy around my ears, I had to take off my earrings and keeping them in my pencil purse. The next thing happens is this:

I got hurt to see this disaster because they were my favorite. Moreover, they were given to me by my beloved best friend. But it has been repaired and the result is actually permanent.  How I did it? Take a look at the repeat telecast: 

1. First thing I do is to get my ceramic glue. It is called “Make.It Mosaics Adhesive”. I am really a crazy fan of this thing. It has given an everlasting quality to my art and craft projects. By the way, I bought it from Michaels.

2. Next I get my skew stick made from bamboo. You can find a whole pack of its brothers and sisters in majority of the Asian stores.

3. Then, I am applying a slight amount of my ceramic glue to its end point. Yes, that is the only amount we need. Taking more will create mess.

4. Now I apply the glue to the spot where the tiny fallen flower petal must go.

5. Then I attach my petal to the stud's empty spot. I carry on repeating the steps for the other petals also.
6.Last I let the studs stay in the normal temperature of my room for 24 hours as instructed by the ceramic glue label. The end result is this:

Important note:
A warning I would like to give here is that you should never try using crazy or super glue on your jewelry. This is because it cringes the overall materials of both the studs and their stones. Consequently, you will find them damaged. 

Additionally, refrain from keeping your studs or earrings in your purse, for they can end up losing stones just like mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment