Thursday, April 29, 2010

Home Remedy for Pimples

Since I have warned you about the risks of using mustard oil on skin, we can  proceed with the beauty masks including mustard oil. Mustard Oil is supposedly very beneficial for pimples and good at treating the white patches on the skin. So, if you are one of the victims, you can give it a try.

Ingredients:
- 1 table spoon mustard oil
- 2 table spoons yogurt
- 1/2 table spoon turmeric (pounded Katuri Manjal would be better instead of the cooking variety)

Method: Mix all the ingredients to form a consistent paste and apply it on the face paying special attention to the pimples and white patches. The white patches can be anywhere on the body so you can apply this mask anywhere. Leave it to dry (which might take a little longer) and remove it using gentle circular motions to remove the mask.
You can even massage the body with this mask as it is good for improving the skin tone. The mask is also good at lightening any kind of blemish or scars. 

Caution: Do a patch test before you use it. Apply a little of this mask on the skin of inner elbow and let it dry. Wash off as usual and wait for 24 hours. If your skin does not react to the mask, you can use this mask safely on your body.


My experience with the mask: So, when I read the mustard oil anti-pimple mask, I decided to give it a try though I do not have any pimples. I applied the mask minus the yogurt. And, frankly, I did not like the mask. My skin did not react to the oil but the mustard oil left a yellow tinge on my face and a very greasy film after washing off the mask which is not moisturizing but rather irritating. It did bring a glow to my face but I think I can do without this mask. So, my advise to you readers is if you want to give it a try, remember that I warned you and I want you to be the best judge of what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment