Monday, January 5, 2009

New Newport Restaurant

I barely ever do this, but I have to send a note to you all about Cucina Alessa. It is the new tiny Italian place that opened on Coast Highway just north of Cappy's in West Newport last summer. I have a circle of restaurants I love in Newport/CDM, and I am content to do the same places every single week. My wife lovingly asks me to try new places, and every now and then we find one that I add to my rotation. Cucina Alessa is now in the circle. It is tiny (make a reservation), but the food is to die for, and it happens to specialize in the area Newport most lacks (good Italian food). We generally drive to Antonello's or Onotria for good Italian food since Villa Nova serves dog food, Dolce closed down, and there is not a lot else to choose from. But Alessa' is special. The owner/chef used to be at Antonello's, and walks around the restaurant greeting diners. The wine list is extensive, the prices are fine, and the food is exquisite. We will see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment