Friday, July 25, 2008

Rumor Control - Newport Beach City Council

So...I've been making the "rounds" lately...more often than previous and I've been posed an interesting question/comment/rumor

"I hear your a running for the Newport Beach City Council again."

Maybe not word for word like that, but in different variations/incarnations/email threads.

So let me make it clear to my 4 readers (and their 4 friends).

I AM NOT RUNNING FOR NEWPORT BEACH CITY COUNCIL.

First off - I'm not that egotistical (well...depending on who you speak with).

Second off - I live in the First District - There is no race in 2008 for Michael Henn's seat. Michael Henn will probably win re-election in 2010, so the earliest there would be such an opportunity would be in 2014...a year after the World will end...I mean...the World should have ended when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004...and again when they won it in 2007.

Finally - I absolutely detest Carpet Baggers (something I was infuriatingly accused of being in 2006), so there is absolutely no way I will move (again...I just moved in April) just to run in District 2. I'm arrogant and egotistical...but not THAT arrogant and egotiscal (again...depending on who you speak to)

So there...the next person who asks me will see the business end of my Beretta (I'M JOKING...please...)

No comments:

Post a Comment